The best video player, VLC 0.9.8 has been launched with many improved features. You have to update it or download the APK if you want to fix the issues. When you want a media player program that can be used on a computer, it will be a lot of options that you consider. One of the many the choice is Media Player from VideoLAN. In recent years, can be said this program must exist on the computer, and the choice of the computer users to play a variety of video and audio files regardless of file compatibility and without downloading codecs. The program is available on a variety of platforms, including Mac, Windows, and Linux.
Maybe a lot of people waiting, when the VLC media player can be used in mobile devices. The wait was finally completed, with the release of app for Android platform that can be found on Google Play Store. Although the media player application for Android is still not working full feature, developers continue to work hard to develop and maximize the features common to computer version. But in addition, the application of this media player is able to exceed the quality of the default Android media player application.
Features of VLC 0.9.8 APK
- Plays most local video and audio files, as well as network streams (including adaptive streaming), DVD ISOs, like the desktop version.
- It has a media library for audio and video files, and allows to browse folders directly.
- It has support for multi-track audio and subtitles. It supports auto-rotation, aspect-ratio adjustments and gestures to control volume and brightness.
- It also includes a widget for audio control, supports audio headsets control, cover art and a complete audio media library.
What's New in VLC 0.9.8 APK
- Prerelease of VLC for Android
- This release fixes 2.1 support, MIPS, crashes, leaks and issues about controls, orientation.
- The 0.9.x series is major release with hardware decoding and a new interface available in dark or white colors. It integrates DVD iso and menu support, an equalizer, playlist management, Widi screens support and updated SD cards detection.
- Hardware acceleration is now enabled by default on 4.3+ and has better subtitles support. Software decoding has been accelerated too.
Great app, works well, only problem I have is that I have a lot of older videos that are in .avi format and I am unable to fast forward or seek the video. Works with mp4, wmv, and all others I have tried, just not avi.
Developer: VideoLabs Size: 11.4 MB Version: 0.9.8 Requirement: 2.1 and up Price: Free