Google Keyboard 3.1.19653.1284735 has been launched. This version is improved in suggestions and corrections so it’s very important to get the best word suggestion. If you have an Android device (phone or tablet) manufactured by leading vendors such as Samsung, Sony, HTC, etc., we can be sure that the virtual keyboard is installed on those devices are default keyboard from vendor (which has been modified), not the standard Android keyboard. Another story if you have a Nexus Android device that does have directly license from Google. The Nexus phone or tablet has ‘pure blood’ of Android, so that the original application is also the default Android keyboard.
Google released the official Android keyboard app in the Google Play Store as Google Keyboard. Unfortunately, despite the free, it can be installed on Android devices 4.0 (Ice Cream Sandwich) to the top. Cool, features found on this app has similarities with standard Android 4.2 keyboard, so you can feel the experience of typing using a Nexus device through the keyboard.
Features of Google Keyboard 3.1.19653.1284735 APK
- Personalized suggestions, corrections, and completions
- Keypress popup animations
- Emoji entry point and layouts (Android 4.4, KitKat or later)
- Gesture Typing with dynamic floating preview
- Space-aware Gesture Typing: No need to lift your finger while typing – just gesture through the space bar
- Voice Typing
- Dictionaries for more than 25 languages
- Advanced keyboard layouts
- Works across your Android devices (tablets and phones)
What's New in Google Keyboard 3.1.19653.1284735 APK
- Refined suggestions and corrections using data from Google apps and services
- Improved suggestions in more languages (including Spanish)
- Improved placement of microphone key and comma key
- Bug fixes and stability improvements
I have to manually type out my shortcuts, which is sometimes kind of a hassle. Also, the sudden change in layout defeats the purpose of faster typing since I end up having to press backspace and find out where the correct punctuations are. It would be excellent if more Asian languages were supported so I don’t need to keep switching input methods every time.
Developer: Google Inc. Size: 18.1 MB Version: 3.1.19653.1284735 Requirement: 4.0 and up Price: Free