Media player is very important for you who like to watch video. VLC 0.9.7 is available for Android with so many features. I think you have been familiar with this app. It’s one of the best player for desktop. This Media Player is known among users as a media player supporting a wide, where almost all kinds of video or audio formats can be played, it is present in any operating system, e.g. Windows, Linux, Mac, BSD, etc. (if no binaries, you may have to compile first)
And one of the developer will bring VLC to Android. He is Austen Dicken, one of the contributors to the app for Android, and now one of its projects is the Android version of this app. Austen said the project is still beta stage, but already showing good progress in terms of the basic functions of this player. At this stage, it is divided into two programs, because Android supports two different types of processors, where the type is NEON and NONEON so you Android users need to know what type of processor you use on your Android when using it.
Features of VLC 0.9.7 APK
- Plays most local video and audio files, as well as network streams (including adaptive streaming), DVD ISOs, like the desktop version.
- It has a media library for audio and video files, and allows to browse folders directly.
- It has support for multi-track audio and subtitles. It supports auto-rotation, aspect-ratio adjustments and gestures to control volume and brightness.
- It also includes a widget for audio control, supports audio headsets control, cover art and a complete audio media library.
What's New in VLC 0.9.7 APK
- Eighth prerelease (24th Beta)
- This release improves DVD menu, supports Android L and fixes crashes.
- The 0.9.x series is major release with hardware decoding and a new interface available in dark or white colors. It integrates DVD iso and menu support, an equalizer, playlist management, Widi screens support and updated SD cards detection.
- Hardware acceleration is now enabled by default on 4.3+ and has better subtitles support. Software decoding has been accelerated too.
Brilliant, it plays everything even what other players (all of them) refuse to recognize as a media file. Only complaint is the interface is not as per current android standards. I hope they’ll learn a thing or two from Android L styling.
Developer: VideoLabs Size: 11.3 MB Version: 0.9.7 Requirement: 2.1 and up Price: Free